Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You Matter

I enjoy everything about advertising & marketing which is why I chose it as my major at BYU. Along those lines, I love graphic design. I haven't posted any of my graphic design work here before, and while this blog is primarily about photography I've decided that graphic design lends itself to this creative space, so occasionally I might post some of the things I create.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This weekend the leaders of our church joined together to give us council in what we call General Conference.  We had four sessions packed full of  inspirational thoughts and uplifting stories of faith. It was a wonderful pick me up.

During the Saturday morning session one of my favorite apostles, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, shared some wonderful words about how individually important we each are to our Father in Heaven. I loved this quote:
"It may be true that man is nothing in comparison to the greatness of the universe.  At times we may even feel insignificant, invisible, alone, or forgotten.  But always remember - you matter to Him!"  Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I decided to make it into a print.  
If you like it feel free to save it, print it and share it.
And if you have a minute, listen to his talk.

Update: It was so fun to see this spread on Pinterest and pop up on blogs. I'm glad people love the quote as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to let you know that I will use this for a handout in my lesson tomorrow. In the new Come, Follow Me curriculum they use this talk by Pres. Utchdorf and I thought it was a perfect little reminder for my YW. Thank you for sharing!
    BTW - Beautiful pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm using it for my seminary class.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! :)